[Libs-Or] New Pew Internet Report: Digital Life in 2025

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Tue Mar 11 09:18:02 PDT 2014

Greetings!

No doubt that the Internet continues to change and to change what we do and how we do it. Read this report to learn what it may all look like by 2025.
Digital Life in 2025

Experts predict the Internet will become ‘like electricity’ — less visible, yet more deeply embedded in people’s lives for good and ill.

[...]

This is the first of eight reports based on a canvassing of hundreds of experts about the future of such things as privacy, cybersecurity, the “Internet of things,” and net neutrality. In this case we asked experts to make their own predictions about the state of digital life by the year 2025. We will also explore some of the economic change driven by the spectacular progress that made digital tools faster and cheaper. And we will report on whether Americans feel the explosion of digital information coursing through their lives has helped them be better informed and make better decisions.
About the report: http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/03/11/digital-life-in-2025/

Complete report (PDF): http://www.pewinternet.org/files/2014/03/PIP_Report_Future_of_the_Internet_Predictions_031114.pdf

Cheers,
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>
<http://oregon.plinkit.org/>