[Libs-Or] Simon Wiesenthal Center/Museum of Tolerance looking for librarians to judge the Once Upon A World book award

Gesse STARK-SMITH gesses at multco.us
Mon Mar 17 12:34:44 PDT 2014

Hello Oregon Colleagues,

A friend of mine who works at the Museum of Tolerance in LA sent this to me
and I thought it might be of interest to you.  It sounds like a very
interesting opportunity:

"The Simon Wiesenthal Center/Museum of Tolerance is looking for librarians
who are interested in serving as judges for our annual Once Upon A World
(OUAW) Book Award.  OUAW is an award that recognizes children's literature
that addresses issues of equality, tolerance, social justice, and embracing
difference in complex and productive ways.  The SWC welcomes applications
from qualified professionals who are passionate about tolerance and
diversity in children's literature.

The deadline for the Once Upon a World Judges' applications is next Friday,
March 21, 2014. You can read about the OUAW Award and apply to be on one of
the judges' panels at the link below.  Please feel free to repost this
message or pass it along to any appropriate parties. Thank you!"

http://www.museumoftolerance.com/site/c.tmL6KfNVLtH/b.5200125/k.EA05/ONCE_UPON_A_WORLD_CHILDRENS_BOOK_AWARD.htm

--
Gesse Stark-Smith
Bilingual Youth Librarian | Bibliotecaria Bilingüe para Niños y Jóvenes
gesses at multco.us
www.multcolib.org
facebook.com/multcolib
twitter.com/multcolib