[Libs-Or] Interfiling Audiobooks - Advice, please!

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:25:32 PST 2014

*Please pardon cross-posting. *

Hi Everyone,

We are considering interfilling our *children's *audiobook collection with
their corresponding book sections. So "I Can Read" level audiobooks go in
that section whereas Harry Potter goes in Jr. Fiction, etc. This potential
decision would not affect teen or adult audio collections.

Does/Has anyone....

1) Do this at their library currently? If so, do your patrons and staff
like the setup?
2) Have previously worked in a library that does this? If so, what was your
experience?
3) Have used a library with this arrangement? How did you like it?

Thanks!

*Taylor Worley                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422
541.726.2243 (direct)
taylorlgkw at gmail.com
tworley at springfield-or.gov
*"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne*