[Libs-Or] Outreach Round Table call for nominations - Chair and Vice Chair/Chair Elect

Annie Lewis alewis at beavertonoregon.gov
Fri Sep 5 16:45:01 PDT 2014

The OLA Outreach Round Table is seeking nominations for the positions of Chair and Vice Chair/Chair Elect for the current year September 2014 - August 2015. If you are interested in a fantastic leadership opportunity and passionate about outreach and library services to underserved populations, please consider nominating yourself! The newly elected Chair and Vice Chair will have the support of the Outreach Round Table members and past ORT leadership. The positions are what you make of them but we hope for individuals who will be able to set goals for our group, facilitate at least one or two meetings and/or workshops during the year and engage members through our listserv.

If you are not currently a member of the Outreach Round Table and are interested, simply join the ORT by updating your membership online and paying the $5.00 fee to join. https://ola.memberclicks.net/membership. To find out more about the positions or if you have questions about the Outreach Round Table, please email me (Annie Lewis) at olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com<mailto:olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com>.

To nominate yourself, please send a brief summary of your background and statement of interest as well as a brief bio to olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com<mailto:olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com>. We will accept nominations through September 26th.

More about the Outreach Round Table: The ORT provides a framework for information sharing, continuing education and moral support for library workers currently providing outreach services; and to offer opportunities for networking and encouragement to libraries wishing to expand or develop library outreach services. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to library service to people of all ages who can no longer use a library facility due to either a physical or mental impairment, people who live in rural or remote area without a library, non-English speakers, the incarcerated, the homeless, and low-literacy adults.

Annie Lewis

Reference Librarian, Adult Services
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th Street | Beaverton, OR 97005
p:  503-350-3617  f:503-574-3436 | alewis at beavertonoregon.gov<mailto:alewis at beavertonoregon.gov>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF49BC.B44CB900]

P  Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.