[Libs-Or] Reminder - Submit a "shock talk" or poster proposal for ACRL OR/WA Conference

Elizabeth Brookbank brookbanke at mail.wou.edu
Tue Sep 16 16:19:45 PDT 2014

Just a friendly reminder that you still have time to submit proposals for
poster presentations or 2-minute "shock talks" (so named for being shorter
than a lightning talk) for the ACRL OR/WA Annual Joint Conference.

Add to our two days of insightful and thought-provoking conversation about
issues related to the intersections of librarianship and technology with
your own perspective and ideas. Whatever your library identity - from
library director to paraprofessional to library school student - you have
something to add to this discussion and we want to hear from you.

If you have done some interesting research in your library, created a
fantastic outreach program, developed a new technology-related service, or
are just plain passionate about a topic related to our conference theme,
please consider submitting. Your poster can be in traditional poster format
or digital. Shock talks are just two minutes long and the format is up to
you - no slide requirements. What could be easier?!

To submit your idea for a shock talk or a poster, please go to
https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_174842
and
fill out our quick proposal form *by Friday, September 19th at 11:59pm.*  We
will review all of the submissions and let you know if you're in by Friday,
October 5th.

P.S. shock talks and posters that are in some way related to the conference
theme will be given preference, but you are welcome to propose a talk or
poster on any topic.

--
Elizabeth Brookbank
Instruction Librarian, Assistant Professor