[Libs-Or] USGS maps of Alaska available

Emily-Jane Dawson ejd at multcolib.org
Thu Sep 18 12:35:21 PDT 2014

LIBS-OR and MAPS-L readers,
Multnomah County Library is discarding a large number of USGS maps of
Alaska.  Would your library like them?

The bulk of the maps are 15 minute maps at 1:63,360 scale, but there are
also many 7.5 minute maps at 1:25,000 scale.  This collection appears
complete, but I do not have an itemized list of sheets. Most of those I
spot-checked were published in the 1970s to 1990s.  The maps are in used
but good condition. Some more frequently-used maps are worn (bent edges,
repaired tears, rumpled appearance).

Please contact me (Emily-Jane Dawson, Multnomah County Central Library,
ejd at multcolib.org or 503.988.5728) if you are interested.

This offer will expire Friday, September 26, 2014.

--
Emily-Jane Dawson | *reference librarian*
Multnomah County Library

"It is a mistake to think that new media and new technology will solve all
the problems of libraries."
   – Lowell A. Martin, *A Development Plan for the Multnomah County Library*,
April 1986