[Libs-Or] 08/14/2015 OLA Hotline Newsletter

Thompson, Sara Q sara.thompson at osucascades.edu
Fri Aug 14 12:25:12 PDT 2015

You told us. We heard you. No more PDFs for the Hotline. Here is our very
first brand new shiny test run of a different kind of Hotline. Let us know
what you think!

Sara Q. Thompson
OLA Communications Committee

Here is the latest news from Oregon Library Association. Quick read, easy
connections.  Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser
<http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=88757713c8&e=4c7b0f75c9>.
OLA Hotline 08/14/15 Aug 14, 2015 11:38 am | orlibraries August 15, 2015
(Vol. 21, No. 18) What is this?!

But… but… this doesn’t look anything like the OLA Hotline!

You’re right! This is a beta run of a new and improved version of the
Hotline. Way back in February this year, the Communications Committee sent
out a survey to you, our dear OLA members. One of the comments that came up
over and over was to get rid of the PDF attachment for the Hotline
newsletter. So after looking at various options, we decided to try out
MailChimp for a sleek new email template that uses the feed from our
Hotline blog.

Thank you again for your feedback on the survey! We’ll continue to make
improvements to OLA communications and tweaks to the Hotline. Let us know
what you think at: oregonlibraries at gmail.com
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=oregonlibraries@gmail.com>

<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=3c7491da49&e=4c7b0f75c9>
Read
More
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=d62e6fa64c&e=4c7b0f75c9>
[image:
share on Twitter]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=1bfd51bbc6&e=4c7b0f75c9>
[image:
Like August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18) What is this?! on Facebook]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=f7325430cc&e=4c7b0f75c9>
Aug
14, 2015 10:25 am | orlibraries August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18)
Opportunities for Enrichment The Horner Library Staff Exchange

The Horner Library Staff Exchange Project is an exchange of library staff
between Fujian Province, China, and Oregon, for the purpose of sharing
professional knowledge about library and information science. It was
established through a generous gift by the late Dr. Layton Horner to the
Oregon State Library and continues through a relationship with the Oregon
Library Association International Relations Roundtable
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=f31a9ec04e&e=4c7b0f75c9>.
Our international partners are the Fujian Provincial Library and the Fujian
Library Association. Fujian is Oregon’s sister province in China, and the
Fujian Provincial Library maintains a sister library relationship with the
Oregon State Library.

The next Exchange will take place in 2016. In late spring of 2016, the
Fujian Provincial Library will send four delegates to spend three weeks in
Oregon. In late October or early November, the Oregon State Library will
send three delegates to China.

If you are interested in applying for the Horner Exchange, please e-mail
your: 1) resume and 2) application
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=7a70261172&e=4c7b0f75c9>
by September 15, 2015 to: hornerapplication at gmail.com
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=hornerapplication@gmail.com>
and include ‘APPLICATION’ in the subject line.

If you you have any questions about the Horner Exchange, please send them
to:

hornerapplication at gmail.com
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=hornerapplication@gmail.com>
and include ‘QUESTION’ in the subject line.

<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=091a854333&e=4c7b0f75c9>
Read
More
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=3f4f44ec5e&e=4c7b0f75c9>
[image:
share on Twitter]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=ecb98e25bd&e=4c7b0f75c9>
[image:
Like August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18) Opportunities for Enrichment on
Facebook]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=84ce1610f9&e=4c7b0f75c9>
Aug
14, 2015 10:23 am | orlibraries August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18)
Association News OLA Retreat

What’s your library love story? What one word would you use to describe a
leader? How do we make sure institutional memory gets passed down when
leadership changes every year? How do we engage more members? What should
we do about memberclicks? How long should conference sessions be?

[image: OLA Chairs at Retreat]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=b9eae84858&e=4c7b0f75c9>
On August 3rd and 4th the heads of all the Divisions, Committees and
Roundtables, met and discussed these and other questions about how OLA can
best support our members and other library people throughout the state. We
come together to share our triumphs for the past year, look at what needs
to be done and begin planning for the next year. It’s a chance for the new
board members to begin getting to know eachother as well as what it’s like
to be on the board.
Both incoming and outgoing unit heads  attended the annual retreat at the
Silver Falls Conference Center. The weather was perfect, the food was
pretty good and the company was fantastic.  — Jane Corry

<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=a1fc33f6fe&e=4c7b0f75c9>
Read
More
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=22a73c286d&e=4c7b0f75c9>
[image:
share on Twitter]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=6bbc32bb01&e=4c7b0f75c9>
[image:
Like August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18) Association News on Facebook]
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=c6f4f7f44f&e=4c7b0f75c9>
In This Issue

   - August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18) What is this?!
   <#14f2da40465d7053_14f2d86776292798_mctoc1>
   - August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18) Opportunities for Enrichment
   <#14f2da40465d7053_14f2d86776292798_mctoc2>
   - August 15, 2015 (Vol. 21, No. 18) Association News
   <#14f2da40465d7053_14f2d86776292798_mctoc3>

Subscribe to new Hotline <http://eepurl.com/bv83w1> OLA Website
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=a95fa88479&e=4c7b0f75c9>
OLA on Twitter
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=29644c1cc1&e=4c7b0f75c9>
OLA on Facebook
<http://olaweb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&id=1f11650aec&e=4c7b0f75c9>

  *Oregon Library Association, Communications Committee*
olahotline at olaweb.org
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=olahotline@olaweb.org>

*Our mailing address is:*
PO Box 3067, La Grande, OR 97850 [image: Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=6f32c9189de663e2b7b94b53e&afl=1>
unsubscribe
from this list