[Libs-Or] OLA Conference Proposals Due September 30

'Michele Burke' michele.burke at chemeketa.edu
Sat Aug 29 03:22:04 PDT 2015

*TELL YOUR STORY*

The Oregon Library Association Conference Committee invites you to submit
program and pre-conference proposals for the 2016 Conference, April 20-22
at the Riverhouse Hotel <http://www.riverhouse.com/> in Bend.

Our theme this year is Tell Your Story.

*"One of my favorite storytime books is Wait! I Want to Tell You a Story.
It's about a wombat that tells a story to a tiger to avoid being eaten. I
like it because it's really about the power of story. Stories can make you
forget that you're hungry or tired. They console us when we're sad. Our
stories are what make us who we are, as individuals, as institutions and as
a society in general. It's what connects us to each other. They're how we
learn. Basic and powerful." **– Jane Corry, OLA President 2015-2016*

At this point the program does not have to be fully organized; you can give
us a general idea of the program and speakers (if known), and fill in the
other details on the proposal form. This year we are encouraging you to
submit your ideas directly -- no OLA Unit sponsorship is required. We also
welcome proposals from OLA units. Sessions may be presentations, panels, or
workshops. If your session idea does have any associated costs, it will
still need a sponsoring unit.
Proposals are due by September 30.

Program Proposal Form
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_202698>

Preconference Proposal Form
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_202697>

Poster Proposal information and forms will be announced in November and due
in January.

Questions? Please contact Michele Burke, Conference Program Committee
Chair, by email at michele.burke at chemeketa.edu or by phone at 503.365-4711.

Many thanks from the program committee!