[Libs-Or] Health care insurance enrollment resources for libraries

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Mon Dec 7 11:30:00 PST 2015

The enrollment period for health care insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act for 2016 is November 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016.

Libraries should be aware of an upcoming deadline: December 15, 2015. Citizen must enroll by this date to assure their coverage will begin by  January 1, 2016

*         For citizens that want to shop for plans and directly enroll, send them to Healthcare.gov<https://www.healthcare.gov/>

*         For citizens in need of more expert assistance with financial questions related to health care coverage, send them to OregonHealthcare.gov<http://www.oregonhealthcare.gov/individuals-families.html>

You can find logos, flyers, brochures in multiple languages and for special populations, and other promotional materials<http://www.oregonhealthcare.gov/community-resources.html> on the OregonHealthcare.gov<http://www.oregonhealthcare.gov/index.html> web site for community partners. Please contact me directly if you are interested in receiving pre-printed materials.

If you are looking for content for your social media outlets, check out the promotion toolkit<https://www-auth.oregon.egov.com/osl/LD/resources/Health%20Insurance%20Resources_November2015.docx>, which offers sample talking points, social media posts, web blurbs, and newsletter articles.

If you would like to host an enrollment event at your library, please contact a community partner or certified agent in your local area. Contacts can be found at  http://www.oregonhealthcare.gov/get-help.html and can be searched by zip code or language.

The State Library would love to hear about any events or special activities your library is undertaking to support health care insurance enrollment or other health literacy programming. Please drop me a line, or feel free to share with your colleagues here on Libs-Or. We also maintain a resource web page<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/resources/aca.aspx> and will keep it up to date with the most current information as we move through the enrollment period.

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Support and Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301
503-378-5020
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us>
http://oregon.gov/osl/ld/
FOLLOW US: [facebookSmall.png] <https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>  [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>