[Libs-Or] special use library cards

DAVID Emily edavid at springfield-or.gov
Sat Dec 12 16:00:09 PST 2015

Hello -
 We are evaluating the types of cards we offer at Springfield Public Library in order to best serve our patrons and community.

We are considering limited-use or 'special circumstances' cards for patrons who do not have a permanent address, are homebound (either temporarily or permanently), or have other circumstances that makes it difficult for them to use or qualify for a standard card.  We currently do not have the resources to send items out to the homebound, so are looking at options other than this for people who fall into that category.

If your library offers any  card options that fall into these categories, could you share that information or your policy on cards and usage with me?

Many thanks,

Emily David
Library Manager
Springfield Public Library