[Libs-Or] Information about libraries, writers, and teaching writing

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Tue Feb 3 17:34:50 PST 2015

Hi all:
I was contacted today by Margaret Simon, who, as you can see below, is interested in learning more about how libraries connect with writers to provide instruction in writing. Most of our libraries connect writers to library customers in multiple ways; Margaret is specifically interested in knowing how we use authors/writers as writing teachers (instructors, coaches, workshop leaders, etc.) If your library uses writers to provide services to the public, please let her know (Please email her directly). She will be talking us up at a conference in April; this is a great opportunity for some free publicity and promotion of the relationship between libraries and writers.

Thanks, Margaret, for your interest in Oregon, and thank you Oregon Libraries for helping out Margaret and in doing so, helping out Oregon Libraries!

Best, Mo