[Libs-Or] Federal tax forms-a pleasant surprise

Laura Simon lauras at multcolib.org
Wed Feb 11 11:13:55 PST 2015

I just placed an order for tax forms to be mailed to a home bound patron
using IRS.gov/orderforms and the good news is that the interface is very
simple and easy to use.  The even better news is that, according to the
fine print, the order will include *two copies* of each form ordered +* the
instructions* for that form.  The estimated delivery time was 7-14 days,
which I don't wholely believe, but in any case I think I'll suggest this
online ordering option to patrons who have no convenient way to file their
taxes electronically or access the online instructions.  Only the patron's
name and mailing address is needed to complete the order.  Once the patron
knows which form(s) they need, library staff can easily submit a request on
a patron's behalf.    Much more satisfying than apologizing for the
shortcomings of the government. :)

--
Laura Simon, Library Assistant
Hollywood Library