[Libs-Or] Policies and Pot

Paul Addis paddis at cclsd.org
Tue Feb 24 09:07:07 PST 2015

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for sharing and please do share the exact items at least with me
if not everyone, especially those items that see regular use. My guess
is the demand for items covering growing/cultivation will definitely
rise come July. We just got in the book Mr. Macias mentioned earlier,
Cannabis Pharmacy. Thanks for the review, Max! It can definitely be used
for more than a medical reference. My guess, is we'll be seeing more
magazines, and maybe journals, real soon.

I wouldn't count on the theft-rate going down as we still have to keep
any eye on our mushroom hunting books and most folks around here seem to
deal with the legal edibles.

As for informational sessions, I am wondering what local entities to
contact. Even though OCLC will be regulating laws and retail, I'm not
sure they are the best source for this type of program. If not one
source, I'm thinking maybe a panel of folks engaging in an
informational/Q&A type session covering different aspects such as
retail, medical, and legal.

So far, our residents, that are concerned, seem to be worried about how
legalization will affect the under-21 population.

Anyone planning programs around this new law? Please share.

Thanks,

Paul

--
Paul Addis