[Libs-Or] Looking for submissions for Women of Library History

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 22:43:25 PST 2015

We are still waiting for your submissions.  Women's History Month begins
tomorrow:

Submissions are OPEN for WoLH 2015

Good news! We are opening another year of submissions for Women of Library
History. The call for submissions is here,
http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/submit2015; please follow the
guidelines therein.

We’ve gained a lot of new followers over the past year, and I want to
challenge everyone to go out and find a story to share, whether or not you
are a library worker. Get in touch with your local librarian or Friends of
the Library group and ask about the women who were influential to its
history. Their stories deserve to be remembered.

Our index can help you see who’s already been profiled.

If all you have is a name and a couple of clues, I sometimes do additional
research for people. I also love to hear from folks with extra time who
want to flesh out unfinished submissions—Kristen Hogan did some great work
on this front in 2013.  With submissions, suggestions, or questions, you
can e-mail women of library history at gmail dot com.

Please reblog and tell your friends!

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*
<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou