[Libs-Or] Registration Now Open for Big Talk Small Libraries Online Conference

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Wed Jan 14 11:27:28 PST 2015

Big Talk From Small Libraries is back! And it's still FREE!

Big Talk From Small Libraries 2015 will be held on Friday, February 27, 2015 between 8:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (CT) via the GoToWebinar online meeting service.

We've been listening! A comment we've heard pretty often is that so many presentations at conferences seem to be by and for librarians from larger libraries. Well, Big Talk From Small Libraries will change that. This free one-day online conference is aimed at librarians from small libraries; the smaller the better. Each of our speakers will be from a small library or directly works with small libraries.
Topics will range from technology (new tech and old tech) to programming to new roles for the library. Come for the programs on what you're dealing with now, or maybe try something new.

Everyone is welcome to register and attend, regardless of how big or small their library is, but if your library serves a few thousand people, or a few hundred, this is the day for you.

Big Talk From Small Libraries 2015 will be broadcast online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. GoToWebinar login instructions will be e-mailed to registered attendees the day before the conference. Please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage<http://nlc.nebraska.gov/calendar/online.aspx> for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements and firewall configuration.

This conference is organized and hosted by Michael Sauers, Laura Johnson, and Christa Burns of the Nebraska Library Commission and is co-sponsored by the Association for Rural & Small Libraries.

More details will be posted @ http://nlcblogs.nebraska.gov/bigtalk/ soon!

Michael Sauers
402-471-3106; 800-307-2665
michael.sauers at nebraska.gov<mailto:michael.sauers at nebraska.gov>

Cheers,
Darci

Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant
Library Support and Development Services * Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>

[stORytime]<http://storytimeoregon.com/>