[Libs-Or] Academic libraries: How do you staff your reference desks?

Megan Dugan Megan.Dugan at mhcc.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:13:36 PST 2015

Good morning all,

I'm looking for information about the hours, staff levels, and types of services offered at your reference desks. I'd love it if you could send me some quick answers to the questions below, especially those of you working in academic libraries.

*         How many hours per week is your library open?

*         How many hours per week is your reference desk open and staffed?

*         What levels of staff work at the reference desk? How many hours for each type per week? Faculty librarians, non-faculty with MLS, paraprofessionals, students, etc.

*         Anything else you want to share about the type of services offered at reference? Tiered, peer-to-peer, referral to on-call librarian, etc.

I've attached an example to illustrate my information need and will happily share the finished product with anyone interested?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
Megan
Megan Dugan
Library Manager
Mt. Hood Community College