[Libs-Or] PLD Banquet @OLA Conference-you gotta go!

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Thu Jan 29 07:28:42 PST 2015

Hi everyone:

I know you all are filling out those Conference forms and selecting activities and sessions like kids in candy shops. I know I can't wait! A couple of things to keep in mind while deciding how to spend your time and resources:

1. PLD Banquet: In the spirit of the conference theme of creativity, we snagged Mark Shapiro from Laika Studios. Recently nominated for an Oscar for Best Animated Feature for The Boxtrolls, Laika is known for its innovation in stop-motion animation in films like 'Coraline'.  Mark will be bringing 'show and tell', making this event on Wednesday night, April 15th, a DO NOT MISS event. Remember, you don't have to be a member of any group to attend the PLD Banquet and this is a great way to start off your conference. We also present the OLE Award that evening, which is a ton of fun in itself. Here's the longer description-please consider signing up!

'Oregon-based LAIKA is a renowned animation studio that has inspired audiences with an unprecedented visual artistry.  Animators breathe life into meticulously hand-crafted puppets on handmade sets.  Visual effects artists seamlessly enhance performances with cutting-edge technologies. This unparalleled fusion of stop-motion and computer graphics has garnered the studio two Oscar nominations and worldwide acclaim.  In this session, Mark Shapiro will discuss the feature The Boxtrolls, using rarely seen images and timelapses.  Production puppets will be on display.'

2. PLD, with many partners, has put together a great line-up of conference sessions, everything from soup to nuts, or should I say cannabis resources to the Edge Initiative. If that's not enough to grab you...well, I'm just speechless.

Have fun browsing and can't wait to see you there!

Best,
Mo

Maureen Cole
mcole at orcity.org
Library Director
Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams St.
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext. 1010 Direct phone
503-657-3702 fax
Website: www.orcity.org/library
Follow us on: Facebook!
Subscribe to our email newsletter!
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the
State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.