[Libs-Or] Educating for Peace: Never Again

Larissa Marler lmarler at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Tue Jul 28 10:01:29 PDT 2015

Greetings from Concordia University Libraries' Art and Culture Program staff,

Please join us for a series of events during the months of August and September - Educating for Peace: Never Again.
This program is intended to focus on the need to look at our history and our future in ways that will focus on peace and prevent us from repeating such horrendous events
as the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Holocaust during WWII.

We start our event series with a poet's response to the nuclear age on Saturday, August 1st, a Peace Lunch on August 6th, the 70th anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and an exhibit reception on August 9th, the 70th anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Nagasaki. Join us in remembering Hiroshima and Nagasaki and working for a nuclear-free future.

We are honored and pleased to be partnering with Mountain Writers Series, Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility, and The Wholistic Peace Institute to bring you these events.
Please see the attached flyer for dates and times.

Sincerely,

Larissa Marler

Student Assistant, Art & Culture Program
Concordia University Libraries
t 503-493-6560   f 503-280-8697
2811 NE Holman Street   Portland, OR 97211
www.cu-portland.edu<http://www.cu-portland.edu/>