[Libs-Or] SRRT Chair Nominations for 2015-2016

Candise Branum cbranum at ocom.edu
Wed Jul 29 10:28:26 PDT 2015

Hello, all!

Elections for SRRT-OR leadership for 2015-16 will take place in September.
I believe that now, more than ever, the profession needs the SRRT to
discuss issues affecting our patrons and our profession and take action to
make changes. Last year, we created a community listserv, co-sponsored an
OLA panel presentation, and began work on a toolkit to help library staff
create a culturally competent work environment. What is next?

I've been the solo chair for the past year, but we need new blood in here!
There are two chair positions: Chair and Vice-Chair. Please consider
nominating yourself or another SRRT member. If you would like to run but
are not a current member, you may nominate yourself, but you will need to
become a member of OLA/SRRT in order to actually be the Chair or Vice-Chair.
This is a really great way to get involved in OLA at the leadership level,
but doesn't require a huge level of commitment on your part. So nominate
yourself or someone else using the form below!

NOMINATION FORM
<https://docs.google.com/a/ocom.edu/forms/d/1urxmO2hj4b1VmVbogvPyYXuD3puFUokGJlDVlGBqaA4/viewform?usp=send_form>

And for those of you who haven't already joined our listserv / Google
Group, check it out! You don't need to be an SRRT member to join, so feel
free to invite others and let's start having discussions about
librarianship and social responsibility:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/srrt-or.

Candise Branum, MLS
Director of Library Services
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
75 NW Couch Street, Portland, OR 97209
503-253-3443 ext.134 | library.ocom.edu

*The mission of Oregon College of Oriental Medicine is to transform health
care by educating highly skilled and compassionate practitioners, providing
exemplary patient care, and engaging in innovative research within a
community of service and healing. *

*Do you shop Amazon?* Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/93-0845182. Amazon
will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to
OCOM. And you get the same products, same prices, same service.