[Libs-Or] OLA Mentoring Program seeking mentor at academic library with digital application development experience

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Wed Mar 4 11:11:07 PST 2015

Hello Oregon Academic Library Community!

The OLA Mentoring program currently has an applicant who is looking
for a mentor
working in an academic library who can advise her in developing her
technical skills to be able to work as a librarian building digital
applications. We don't have anyone in our current pool of available mentors
who fits the bill.

If that's sounds like you and you are an OLA Member with at least five
years of experience in libraries or related orgs, please consider filling
out the application to become a mentor
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_140898>.
Please note: you do not need to have an MLS or be in a professional
position (the program requirements have recently changed and will soon be
updated on the website -- larger announcement about this coming soon).

Past mentors in the program have found the experience very rewarding.

Thanks for considering and please let me know if you have any questions.
There's lots of info about the OLA Mentoring Program at
http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program (though, as I mentioned, the
requirements are currently being updated).

Best wishes,
Meredith Farkas

For the OLA Membership Committee

Meredith Farkas, Reference Librarian
Portland Community College Library, Sylvania Campus
971-722-4966
meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
www.pcc.edu/library