[Libs-Or] Are you lucky enough to have a champion for your library?

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Mar 4 15:44:22 PST 2015

Do you have a Friends or Foundation group  that has really stepped up and supported your library?

Did you have an election and had that champion step forward that made the difference?

Is there a volunteer in your library that is so vital, you all cry a bit when they go on vacation?

Is your city or county manager, school principal, dean the best ever who makes sure you have enough money and resources?

Well, if these describe any of the supporters for your library, now is the time to nominate them for OLA Library Supporter of the Year.

It only takes an e-mail from you and maybe one or two from others who feel the same way to get that award for your supporter.    So do it, and do it now!   Look at what they do for you.  It's your turn to do something for them.

Nominations may come from all types of libraries and from all kinds of librarians, staff and supporters.

Nomination e-mails/letters (with no more than six e-mails/letters of support) are due Friday, March 13, 2015.

These awards will be presented to recipients at the OLA Conference Luncheon Banquet in Eugene on Friday, April 17, 2015

Here's the detail on the award:

Oregon Library Supporter of the Year may be awarded to any volunteer, volunteer group, library Friend, board member, government official, or other individual who is not a paid library staff member and who has demonstrated excellence in supporting and promoting Oregon libraries.

If you need more info, read the awards guidelines and let me know if you have questions.  Take a look at http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=58280&orgId=ola

Your letter (e-mail) of nomination should include the following information, if pertinent, and be as informational as possible:

      * Name, contact information, current position for nominee or contact information for the group

      * Award for which you are nominating the person or group

      * Description of why your nominee should be selected for Library Supporter of the Year

      * Your name and how you can be reached if the committee has questions

Please send nominating e-mails/letters and supporting e-mails/letters by Friday, March 13, 2015, to:

                Leah Griffith, HAS Chair

                e-mail:   leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov<mailto:leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov>

                We prefer e-mail, but you can also send via mail to me at:

                                Newberg Public Library

                                503 E. Hancock

                                Newberg,  OR  97132

E-mail or call me at 503-537-1256 if you have any questions.    We will be looking forward to your nominations.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256

www.newberglibrary.org<http://www.newberglibrary.org>
[StoryTime_Core.png]
www.storytimeoregon.com<http://www.storytimeoregon.com>