[Libs-Or] Mark your calendars! OLA Legislative Day is April 29th.

Emily Ford fordemily at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:45:26 PST 2015

OLA needs you to advocate for libraries!

April 29th is OLA's Library Legislative Day. We need OLA Members to visit
their State Senators, Representatives, and their staff to discuss issues
relevant to libraries, librarians, and our communities. The OLA Library
Development & Legislative Committee
<http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=199>
strongly encourages OLA Members to make in-person appointments to visit the
State Capitol in Salem. Visits with legislators or their staff usually last
10-15 minutes, but have great impact.

In addition to office visits from OLA members, OLA invites legislators to
choose a children's book to give to her/his home library.

Don't know what to talk about? Don't worry, we'll have issue briefs and a
briefing to support you before you make your visits.

Please call your Senator and Representative's offices and make an
appointment for anytime between 8-4pm on April 29th. Don't know who they
are? No problem. Look it up with the Legislator Lookup tool
<https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html>.
Then, please document your appointment details on the 2015 OLA Legislative
Day Appointment Spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/a/pdx.edu/spreadsheets/d/1eYAt6YY26QMCEuGCwqDyq9TMLjpDKQyoQRHKgu5uUCs/edit#gid=534832026>
.

Questions? Contact: Emily Ford, OLA Library Development & Legislative
Committee Network Coordinator, forder at pdx.edu