[Libs-Or] Fwd: Re: Patron request

Marta Murvosh murvosh at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 14:06:35 PDT 2015

In the senario Meg asked about, she was asked by the patron to put a note in a book.

Part of processing a returned book is to remove bookmarks, receipts, etc.

Adding a note means the library would be taking an action that they would need to  do for every patron who asked.

If I saw someone going through our holds shelves and putting notes in specific titles, I would consider that disruptive behavior.

While this patron might have good intentions, it's neither appropriate or an efficient use of staff to inquire into intentions or read notes.

Marta Murvosh, MLS
freelance writer & librarian
360-610-9642
murvosh at yahoo.com

Sent from my smartypants phone. Pardon typos from big fingers on tiny keys.