[Libs-Or] Job Opportunity w/Multnomah County Library

Johnette Easter johnette at multcolib.org
Wed May 6 14:58:19 PDT 2015

*YOUTH LIBRARIAN*

Job #: 7222-54

Salary: $25.70 to $31.62 per hour

Closing Date: May 15, 2015

Multnomah County Library in Portland, Oregon is looking for a creative,
customer service-oriented, forward-thinking Youth Librarian to be a part of
our team! We're committed to providing the best possible traditional and
cutting-edge library services to children and young adults, both in our
buildings and in the community, and we seek someone who shares that
commitment.

We’re currently hiring a full-time Youth Librarian for our Capitol Hill
Library.

As the Capitol Hill Youth Librarian, you will draw on your expertise in
literature, research and other areas when providing excellent customer and
informational service to children, teens, families, educators, and care
providers. You’ll be responsible for connecting internal and external
patrons with the information they seek as well as delivering a variety of
professional-level library services.  You will assess the needs of the
community and plan, prepare and implement programs (including storytimes)
and outreach for your service area, as well as building and maintaining
professional relationships with patrons. You will work closely with the
Capitol Hill branch administrator and fellow branch staff, as well as the
Youth Services team. You will help ensure that Capitol Hill Library is a
welcoming space for the community.

For more information about this position, including qualifications and how
to apply, please visit our website at http://web.multco.us/jobs.

*Diversity and Inclusion:** At Multnomah County, we don't just accept
difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and
respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer.*

--
Johnette Easter
Senior Human Resources Analyst