[Libs-Or] List of children's books originally written in spanish?

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Nov 13 13:58:51 PST 2015

The late Dr. Isabel Schon authored a series called Recommended Books in Spanish for Children and Young Adults. I think the most recent edition covered 2004-2008; the copy<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/search/detailnonmodal/ent:$002f$002fSD_ILS$002f0$002fSD_ILS:933900/ada?qu=spanish+books&te=ILS> in the Oregon State Library collection can be ILLed<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/school/index.aspx#Request_Materials>. Many of the books reviewed in the reference work were originally published in Spanish.
Those are older titles, but it seems that the Isabel Schon International Center for Spanish Books for Youth at the San Diego Public Library has a database of “high-quality books in Spanish for children and adolescents published around the world as well as noteworthy books in English about Latinos.”
http://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/services/ischoncenter/index.shtml
FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer