[Libs-Or] 2016 Horner Exchange Delegates

Lori Wamsley lori.wamsley at pcc.edu
Wed Oct 21 08:43:15 PDT 2015

Please join the OLA International Roundtable Horner Exchange committee in
congratulating our 2016 Horner Exchange delegates:

   -

   Jian Wang (translator) is an Electronic & Continuing Resources Librarian
   at Portland State University.

   -

   Richard Sapon-White is Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services at
   Oregon State University.

   -

   Veronica Vichit-Vadakan is a Systems Librarian at the Oregon College of
   Oriental Medicine.

   -

   Victoria Heidushchke is our alternate, should one of the delegates be
   unable to go.  She is the Library Experience Coordinator at Oregon State
   University.

The OLA IRRT Horner Exchange committee looks forward to hosting four
delegates from the Fujian Provincial Library in late spring of 2016.

Our delegates will travel to the Fujian Province in late October or early
November.  The delegates will be joined by Mary Kay Dahlgreen, State
Librarian at the Oregon State Library,  and Rosalind Wang, retired,
Multnomah County Libraries and Portland State University,  during part of
the Exchange visit, so we'll have quite an impressive group of Oregon
librarians visiting the Fujian Province next fall.

The Horner Library Staff Exchange Project is an exchange of library staff
between the Fujian Province, China, and Oregon, for the purpose of sharing
professional knowledge about library and information science. It was
established through a generous gift by the late Dr. Layton Horner to the
Oregon State Library and continues through a relationship with the Oregon
Library Association International Relations Roundtable
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=335>.
Our international partners are the Fujian Provincial Library and the Fujian
Library Association. Fujian is Oregon’s sister province in China, and the
Fujian Provincial Library maintains a sister library relationship with the
Oregon State Library.  The 2013 blog <https://2013horner.wordpress.com/>
and 2010 blog <https://horner2010.wordpress.com/> provide a look into the
most recent trips to the Fujian Province libraries.

Congratulations delegates!

--
Lori H. Wamsley, Ph.D.
Faculty, Education Dept./Library Assistant Program
e-mail: lori.wamsley at pcc.edu
video: https://youtu.be/cAbWLzE77uw