[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] I Love My Librarian Award

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Wed Sep 2 10:02:20 PDT 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:55 AM
Subject: [alacro-l] I Love My Librarian Award
To: "alacro-l at lists.ala.org" <alacro-l at lists.ala.org>

Librarians touch the lives of the people they serve every day.  The I Love
My Librarian Award encourages library users like you to recognize the
accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college,
or university librarians.  We want to hear how you think your librarian is
improving the lives of the people in your school, campus or community.

Each year 10 librarians are selected. Each librarian receives a $5,000 cash
award, a plaque and a travel stipend to attend the awards ceremony and
reception in New York City, hosted by The Carnegie Corporation of New York.

Each nominee must be a librarian with a master’s degree from a program
accredited by the American Library Association in library and information
studies or a master’s degree with a specialty in school library media from
an educational unit accredited by the National Council for the
Accreditation of Teacher Education.  Nominees must be currently working in
the United States in a public library, a library at an accredited two- or
four-year college or university or at an accredited K-12 school.

Nominations for the 2015 I Love My Librarian Award are open through
September 28.

*Nominate a School Librarian
<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/nominate-school-librarian>*

*Nominate a Public Librarian
<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/nominate-public-librarian>*

*Nominate a College, Community College, or University Librarian
<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/nominate-college-community-college-or-university-librarian>*

If you want to resubmit a nomination from a previous year, we've made it
easy <http://www.ilovelibraries.org/resubmit-i-love-my-librarian-nomination>
.

Sign up here
<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/email-alert-i-love-my-librarian-award>
to be notified about future I Love My Librarian Award activity.

*Questions? * Email Megan McFarlane, Campaign Coordinator,
American Library Association, mmcfarlane at ala.org.

Don Wood
Program Officer
Chapter Relations Office
<http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/cro/index.cfm>
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
dwood at ala.org
1-800-545-2433, ext. 2429; 312-280-2429
312-280-4392 (fax)
Become a Fan of ALA Chapters <https://www.facebook.com/ALAChapters>

Follow CRO on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ALA_CRO>

Take Action for America’s Libraries <http://cqrcengage.com/ala/home>

“Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only
thing.”—Albert Schweitzer

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the
instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by
following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions

--
Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Representative

Phone: 503-725-8169