[Libs-Or] Youth Librarians: This might be your DREAM JOB!

Su Liudahl opalsu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:37:17 PDT 2015

*We are seeking the perfect fit for our small, creative, fun-loving
Creswell Library. Not only are we looking for all the necessary elements of
a great youth librarian (great with babies, kids, teens, and parents;
creative program developer; organized; loves crafts; able skills in
collection development and cataloging; tech savvy; etc.)—we also seek
someone who is:*

   - a super team player,
   - light-hearted, with a good sense of humor,
   - low drama (leaves the drama to reality TV),
   - community-oriented (willing to get out in the community as needed),
   - flexible (willing to take on any task needed),
   - a people person (and tolerant--even of those who are hard to love),
   - warm, friendly, and approachable, and
   - open to trying new things and new methods.

*This might be your dream job if you:*

   - love learning new things,
   - want to gain experience in all aspects of librarianship,
   - enjoy working in a harmonious workplace,
   - think volunteers should be nominated for sainthood,
   - thrive in a small-town atmosphere where you can get to know most of
   the kids’ names and may become a minor celebrity, and
   - want opportunities to get involved with the library community (OLA,
   CSD, etc.)

*You might be our dream candidate if you:*

   - are a sharp, detail-oriented, quick learner;
   - are a good problem-solver;
   - are a self-starter—willing to take direction, but able to figure
   things out for yourself if necessary;
   -  love your work and consider it an avocation… not just a means to a
   paycheck (although we all agree that paychecks and benefits are necessary
   and important!)
   - have experience with networks and tech trouble-shooting (not required,
   but you could earn major extra points).

*Enthusiasm is more important than experience… *However, we do seek someone
with their MLS or on their way to getting one.

*Find additional information (including a job description) and application
on our website: **www.creswell-library.org*
<http://www.creswell-library.org/> *.*

*Su Liudahl, Director*

*Lane Library District / Creswell Library*

*A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, LLD job
application, resume or CV, professional references, and a statement of
philosophy regarding what it means to be a youth librarian in a small town.
Submit application packets to: Creswell Library, PO Box 366, Creswell, OR
97426 or by email (strongly encouraged) to *
*director.su at creswell-library.org* <director.su at creswell-library.org>* .*

Su Liudahl
Library Director
Creswell Library / Lane Library District
64 West Oregon Avenue
PO Box 366
Creswell, Oregon  97426
(541) 895-3053