[Libs-Or] OLA 2016 - proposals due September 30th!

Thompson, Sara Q thomsara at oregonstate.edu
Fri Sep 18 08:54:55 PDT 2015

Call for Proposals

The Oregon Library Association Conference Committee invites you to submit
program and pre-conference proposals for the 2016 Conference, April 20–22
at the Riverhouse Hotel in Bend
<https://orlib16.wordpress.com/travel-and-hotel-info/>.

Our theme this year is Tell Your Story
<https://orlib16.wordpress.com/2015/08/29/on-the-conference-theme/> and our
hashtag is #ORLib16.

At this point the program does not have to be fully organized; you can give
us a general idea of the program and speakers (if known), and fill in the
other details on the proposal form. This year we are encouraging you to
submit your ideas directly — no OLA Unit sponsorship is required. We also
welcome proposals from OLA units. Sessions may be presentations, panels, or
workshops. If your session idea does have any associated costs, it will
still need a sponsoring unit.

Proposals are due by September 30.

Program Proposal Form
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_202698>

Preconference Proposal Form
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_202697>

Poster Proposal information and forms will be announced in November and due
in January.

For the proposal forms, prepare the following information:

   - Title
   - Description (100 words or fewer)
   - Sponsoring Unit (optional for program; required for pre-conference)
   - Target Audience
   - Outcomes
   - Audience Engagement / Participation
   - Technology Needs (rooms have projectors and screens; laptops NOT
   provided)
   - Presenters Information

Questions? Please contact Michele Burke, Conference Program Committee
Chair, by email at michele.burke at chemeketa.edu or by phone at 503.365-4711.

See what we had last year at the 2015 OLA Conference
<http://www.olaweb.org/ola-conference-2015>. Presenters are encouraged to
share their slides and handouts through Northwest Central
<http://www.nwcentral.org/>, the OLA professional development repository.