[Libs-Or] Fwd: Get involved with Libraries Transform!

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Mon Sep 21 07:52:42 PDT 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sari Feldman <MemberValue at ala.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:29 AM
Subject: Get involved with Libraries Transform!
To: sagers at pdx.edu

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View as a web page.
<http://iz4.me/mROi2zdsK1V1>
[image: ALA Membership]

Dear Colleague:

On October 29th, 2015, ALA’s new public awareness campaign, Libraries
Transform, will launch in Washington, D.C. and in communities and libraries
around the country. We need your help in making it a success![image:
Libraries Transform video] <http://iz4.me/nROi2zdsK1V1>

The purpose of the new campaign is to increase public awareness of the ways
that libraries of all types transform people’s lives and our communities;
shift perception of the library from “obsolete” or “nice to have” to
essential; and energize library professionals and external advocates to
influence local, state and national decision-makers and increase support
for libraries of all types.

This multi-year campaign will include national media outreach, public
service announcements, a social media campaign and ongoing events such
as National
Library Week <http://iz4.me/oROi2zdsK1V1> and Banned Books Week
<http://iz4.me/pROi2zdsK1V1>. It will also include attention-grabbing and
curiosity-stimulating graphics and tools that you can use in your library
and your community.

Won’t you join us, and be part of both the Libraries Transform campaign and
this October launch?

Be sure to watch my video <http://iz4.me/qROi2zdsK1V1> to learn more about
Libraries Transform and visit www.librariestransform.org
<http://iz4.me/rROi2zdsK1V1> for more information on how to get started.

Yours,

Sari Feldman

ALA President

If you no longer wish to receive ALA Membership emails, please click here
<http://iz4.me/sROi2zdsK1V1>.
To unsubscribe from all American Library Association communications, click
here <http://iz4.me/tROi2zdsK1V1>.
American Library Association, 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611
www.ala.org <http://iz4.me/uROi2zdsK1V1>.

[image: Informz for iMIS] <http://iz4.me/vROi2zdsK1V1>

--
Suzanne L. Sager