[Libs-Or] History: Feed Your Head - this weekend!!

Hansen, Mary Mary.Hansen at portlandoregon.gov
Tue Sep 29 14:12:40 PDT 2015

This is a reminder that you are invited to an Oregon Archives Month Event this Saturday! Find details below.

History: Feed Your Head

Portland may be a foodie town, but it isn't always food that feeds our hunger. If your head is hungry for some knowledge, let us fill it with Portland history!  Do you have a craving to know where you can find maps of the city from the 1890s? Are you hankering to learn about the history of Portland's Japantown?  Do you have an appetite for local oral histories? Or does a sampling of strange, old medical tools interest you?

We have that and more waiting for you as we kick off Oregon Archives Month with a smorgasbord of Portland-area archives.  Join us on Saturday, October 3rd from 11 AM to 3 PM at the Portland Archives and Records Center. Take a behind the scenes tour of the City's archives and see history up close and personal.

Talk with local area archivists representing 11 different archives:
City of Portland
Gay and Lesbian Archives of the Pacific Northwest
Lewis & Clark College
Mazamas
Metro
Multnomah County
Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Historical Society
Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
Oregon Nikkei Legacy Center
Portland State University
PSU's Architecture, Engineering and Construction

Come hungry and feed your head!

Saturday October 3rd
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Portland Archives & Records Center
1800 SW 6th Ave, Suite 550
Free and open to the public
https://portlandarchives.wordpress.com/archives-month/

Mary Hansen
Assistant Archivist
City of Portland Archive & Records Center
503.865.4103
http://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/archives
twitter: @PDXArchives