[Libs-Or] Fwd: [REFORMANET] Fwd: Fw: ACL Institute 2016, Race Matters, Registration is Open

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:22:43 PDT 2016

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: meredith steiner <mersteiner415 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 9:21 AM
Subject: [REFORMANET] Fwd: Fw: ACL Institute 2016, Race Matters,
Registration is Open
To: REFORMANet at googlegroups.com

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am thrilled to announce that registration is now open
<http://bayviews.org/> for ACL Institute 2016!  Please join us.

The Association of Children’s Librarians of Northern California (ACL)
Proudly Presents
*Race Matters: Practical Ways Libraries Can Celebrate All Youth.*

Friday, June 3, 2016, 8:30am - 5pm, at the San Francisco Main Library, 100
Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102

With Keynote Speaker: *Kwame Alexander <http://www.kwamealexander.com/>*,
Poet, Educator, Author, and 2015 Newbery Medal Winner for his novel, *The
Crossover.*

Featured Speakers: *Zetta Elliott* <http://www.zettaelliott.com/>, PhD,
Educator, Scholar, and Award-winning Author of Literature for Youth and *Debbie
Reese* <http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/>, PhD,
Educator, Activist Scholar, and Founder of American Indians in Children’s
Literature.

And other important voices from the front lines of children’s literature
and youth librarianship.  We look forward to an interactive day of
discussion, information, and hands-on activities, and out goal is
for attendees to leave with practical ideas about how to make their
libraries safe and welcoming spaces for all young people.

Register online or via mail.  We expect spaces to go fast, so please
register early!  Go to ACL's website, bayviews.org, for event,
registration, and scholarship information.  Dorothy Helfeld Institute
Scholarships
are available.

Institute flyer is attached for email forwarding or printing and posting.
Please help us spread the word!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Meredith Steiner
ACL Institute Chair

Meredith Steiner :: Children's Librarian
West Portal Branch <http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=0100002001>
San Francisco Public Library <http://sfpl.org/>
190 Lenox Way  |  SF, CA 94127  |  415.355.5791
meredith.steiner at sfpl.org

*I work Tuesday - Saturday*