[Libs-Or] Fwd: [ALCTScentral] ALCTS Preservation Week webinars

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Wed Apr 13 10:23:58 PDT 2016

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ALCTS-CE Announce <alcts.ce.announce at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM
Subject: [ALCTScentral] ALCTS Preservation Week webinars
To: "alctscentral at lists.ala.org" <alctscentral at lists.ala.org>

ALCTS offers free Preservation Week webinars

ALCTS is offering two free webinars to celebrate Preservation Week, April
24 - April 30, 2016. These webinars are generously sponsored by The Media
Preserve, Archival Products, Backstage Library Works, and Gaylord Archival.

Preserving Your Digital Life, Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dates: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 & Thursday, April 28, 2016

All webinars are one hour in length and begin at 11am Pacific, noon
Mountain, 1pm Central, and 2pm Eastern time.

>From Cassette to Cloud: Reformatting Audiotape, Tuesday, April 26, 2016

individual and community life. This webinar explores ways these recordings
can be digitized, and the challenges in doing so.

For additional information and access to the free registration links,
please go to the following website:
http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webinar/042616

Preserving Your Digital Life, Thursday, April 28, 2016

digital formats. This webinar explores steps to take now to for preserving
these narratives for future generations. means considering how we create
the files and how we store them. What steps can we take now to make the
ensure the best possibility of retaining these important files into the
future?

For additional information and access to free registration links, please go
to the following website:
http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webinar/042816

These webinars are primarily intended for individuals, but will also be of
interest to local historical societies and other cultural heritage groups.

Presenter: Krista White, Digital Humanities Librarian, Rutgers
University-Newark

*****************

Registration Fees:  Free

Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, The Media Preserve, Archival
Products, Backstage Library Works, and Gaylord Archival, there is no fee
for this session. Please register to receive links to join the webinar.

ALCTS webinars are recorded and registrants receive a link to the recording
shortly following the live event.

For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling
1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email registration at ala.org. For all other
questions or comments related to the webinars, contact Julie Reese, ALCTS
Events Manager at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5034 or alctsce at ala.org.

Posted on behalf of the ALCTS Continuing Education Committee.

--
Kristen Kern
Fine and Performing Arts Librarian
kernk at pdx.edu