[Libs-Or] print management software

Michelle Lenox lenoxm at uw.edu
Wed Aug 17 10:56:59 PDT 2016

We are looking into purchasing print management software for our 20 public
computers.

We would like the software to notify patrons of how many pages they are
printing, and the total cost, so they have chance to agree and send the
print job, or cancel it.

At the moment, we do not have any print management in place; patrons print
using the Windows print dialog box. Then, they collect and pay for copies
at the front desk.

If anyone is using print release software that you're happy with, or any
other public printing strategy that is working well, we'd be interested in
hearing about it.

Thank you,

Michelle Lenox
Seaside Public Library