[Libs-Or] *Reposting* STEM Instruction & Outreach Librarian position at Oregon State University
Uta.Hussong-Christian at oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 1 13:32:48 PST 2016
Due to a change in the HR job system, the listing for this previously-posted position may not have been accessible. The job has now been relisted. Please use the info/link below.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Librarian
Oregon State University Libraries
Oregon State University Libraries and Press (OSULP) seeks applications for the position of STEM Instruction and Outreach Librarian. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor position reporting to the Head of the Teaching and Engagement Department. The successful candidate will focus on developing library services and programming to support STEM students in their curricular and co-curricular learning.
* Works collaboratively with campus partners and OSULP colleagues to develop library programs and outreach initiatives that support student retention and success, with a focus on STEM disciplines.
* Identifies, builds, sustains and assesses relationships with campus units and organizations working to increase representation of traditionally underrepresented students in STEM fields.
* Engages with the OSU community by building relationships with a specific STEM-focused academic unit, promoting library services and resources on campus and contributing to library-wide conversations about strategic directions.
* Represents the library on campus-wide committees and task forces supporting student engagement, academic success and/or diversity in STEM.
* Collaborates with academic faculty, graduate teaching assistants, local community leaders and other members of the OSU community to develop effective research assignments, learning experiences, and digital learning resources for OSU students.
* Assesses student learning outcomes, and contributes to department-wide learning assessment efforts.
* Contributes to the strategic development of OSULP's instruction program and to the shared governance of the Teaching and Engagement Department.
* Provides instruction, research help, and expertise face to face and online.
* Conducts research to inform practice, and contributes to scholarly conversations in journals, at conferences and in other appropriate outlets. Contributes to the practice community of academic librarians using appropriate media.
* Participates in regional and national professional organizations and societies.
Minimum / Required Qualifications
* Master's degree in library or information science from an ALA accredited institution or foreign equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline, or at least 2 years of demonstrated experience with instruction or outreach to STEM students in an educational context.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with departments, programs, community organizations or groups
* Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programming, for example teaching, training, facilitating discussions, delivering workshops or informative presentations
* Demonstrated awareness of the challenges students from traditionally underserved populations face in STEM fields and the ability to design services and programs to help students navigate those challenges
* Demonstrated ability to foster and support equity, inclusion and diversity in learning or other environments
* Master's degree (or above) in a STEM discipline or 5 year's instruction or outreach to STEM students in an educational context.
* Teaching experience in a higher education setting.
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to the scholarly and/or professional conversation.
* Relevant coursework in or familiarity with classroom and programmatic assessment techniques.
* Familiarity with current trends in experiential learning spaces (for example, Makerspaces, visualization labs, etc.).
* Relevant coursework in or experience with pedagogy, andragogy, instructional design and/or student development theory.
* Relevant coursework in or familiarity with the delivery of reference services.
* Demonstrated ability to use software applications and tools to create digital content.
* Familiarity with current trends in scholarly communication and data management in STEM fields.
About OSU Libraries and Press
OSULP is a forward-looking organization that contributes actively to the teaching and research mission of the University. OSULP is a medium sized research library with an updated learning commons and excellent teaching facilities. OSULP offers a collaborative, fast-paced work environment that is focused on providing innovative services and resources to our students, faculty, and staff. For more information, see the 2012-2017 Library Strategic Plan at http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/sites/default/files/osulpstrategicplanrevisedfall2015.pdf .
OSU is located in beautiful Corvallis, OR, one of the safest and greenest small cities in the United States.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. We have a policy of being responsive to the needs of dual-career couples. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Application due date: February 14, 2016
For more information, and to submit an application, please visit
http://oregonstate.edu/jobs for job posting #0016936 . Please choose the Posted Prior to 1/26/2016 option.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or