[Libs-Or] Only one week left to sign up to have your resume and cover letter reviewed!

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Fri Feb 12 11:44:59 PST 2016

The Membership Committee and the New Member Round Table are joining forces
to pilot a new program for OLA members - Resume & Cover Letter Review!  You
have one week left (until 2/19) to sign up to be matched with a reviewer
this Winter.

Volunteer reviewers will evaluate the applicant’s resume and representative
cover letter and provide advice on these documents.  In addition, the
reviewer can assess any possible experiences or skills that might the
applicant more marketable for a desired position.

For the winter quarter, participating is entirely virtual - you can use
email, phone, GoToMeeting, Skype, Hangouts, or whatever works for you!
Prefer to do this sort of thing face-to-face? We’ll be offering that option
at the OLA Conference <https://orlib16.wordpress.com/> this Spring!

I would love advice on my cover letter and resume!  How do I sign up?

We’re ready to accept applications for those looking for advice and review!
You have until February 19th to do so.

Here is the criteria for those seeking review:

Required:

   -

   OLA membership;
   -

   Ability to receive feedback from the OLA Member providing review.
   -

   Complete the Form for Resume Review Seekers
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12XGFWajLmDyZsdgd5XRj6wM7Gw3YrM12Yx5y9iZG0nA/viewform?usp=send_form>
   .

Preferred:

   -

   Emerging information professional;
   -

   Recent MLIS graduate or currently enrolled in MLIS program.

I’d like to help!  How do I sign up?

We’re still looking for volunteer resume reviewers!  Does this describe you?

Required:

   -

   OLA Membership;
   -

   Ability to provide feedback to the OLA Member seeking review;
   -

   Complete the Volunteer Form for Resume Reviewers
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gXiXVBbb-05y3qTOM92MEmFPmJy2gsaCUMYG30zrqD0/viewform?usp=send_form>
   .

Preferred:

   -

   Recent experience on hiring and/or interview panels;
   -

   Currently in a position which often reviews candidate applications, such
   as a management position.

What if I have questions? Problems?

You can use the Resume Review Program inquiry form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QdkZqa8xNNSlmi16uJqAbrsZAiJJ7RGp9eFxTHold7o/viewform?usp=send_form>
to contact Resume Review Program administrators.

Best wishes,

Jenkins Lumpkin, OLA New Member Round Table

Meredith Farkas, OLA Membership Committee