[Libs-Or] Job Opportunity w/Multnomah County Library - Portland, Oregon
johnette at multcolib.org
Fri Feb 12 17:09:04 PST 2016
Salary: $60,890 to $91,336 annually
Closing date: February 19, 2016
Multnomah County Library seeks applicants for a Cataloging/Metadata
Administrator role within our Collections and Technical Services team. In
this role, you will manage a team of 10 catalogers who provide
bibliographic description and classification, according to library
standards, for new books and other library materials. You will manage the
integrity of the online library catalog by keeping authority records for
authors and subjects current and accurate. You will keep up-to-date with
national metadata standards and schemas and be responsible for interpreting
and adapting those for local purposes. You will provide leadership by
developing and managing responsive methods of bibliographic control.
*Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:*
· Three (3) years of professional cataloging experience, including
original, electronic resources, and copy cataloging in a large library
· One (1) year of lead or supervisory experience in a large library
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.
*Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*: *You do not need to have
the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify.
However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when
identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your
application how you meet any of the following preferred
· Experience with Innovative Interfaces Sierra integrated library
· One (1) year of experience in digital library standards, such as
PREMIS, MODS, METS,
Dublin Core, MARC and RDA.
· Working knowledge of new and emerging trends and practices in
· Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred.
· Experience working in a large public library.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of public library service in
the 21st century.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of strategic planning and
· Master’s degree in library science or equivalent from an ALA
accredited college or university.
For more information about this position or to apply, please visit our
website at: http://web.multco.us/jobs
*Diversity and Inclusion:** At Multnomah County, we don't just accept
difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and
respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
HR Manager & Oncall Library Supervisor
Multnomah County Library
johnette at multcolib.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or