[Libs-Or] Intellectual Freedom Champion Award

Roberta Richards rrichard at pcc.edu
Tue Jan 19 15:23:49 PST 2016

[image:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/8VX4Sz7kOcwJP7isKPUfiJx1PVeK4xI32ZHXJ-qR3NiDdTotAU1-FEzqplVQhMRDFDQcP7X6vcVPcRYPlQrrCodGu3WonSHOEN4hCnFDeH-aIQTPnSv_ALVCGniz9S-of8TgXwTV]

*Intellectual Freedom Champion Award 2016 – Nominations Open*

Do you know an Intellectual Freedom Champion?  Intellectual Freedom
Champions can be in any type of library or they might not work in a library
at all.  IF Champions stand up for the principles of intellectual freedom
and help to protect our rights to read and research, help preserve our
access to information and maintain our privacy.  The award is given in
recognition of the contribution made by an individual or institution that
has actively promoted or defended intellectual freedom in Oregon.

The Intellectual Freedom Committee of the Oregon Library Association is now
accepting nominations for the next IF Champion Award to be presented to the
winning nominee at the April 2016 OLA Conference being held in Bend.
Nominations
are due no later than Monday, February 8, 2016.

The nomination form is attached.  For more information, visit the
Intellectual Freedom Committee IF Champion web page
<http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=491:intellectual-freedom-champion-award&catid=20:site-content>
.  If you have questions about the award or nominations, please
contact Garnetta
Wilker <gkwilker2 at gmail.com> or Roberta Richards <rrichard at pcc.edu>,
co-chairs of the OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee.

Thank you!

--
Roberta Richards
Faculty Reference Librarian
rrichard at pcc.edu
Southeast Library Research Desk: 971-722-6289