[Libs-Or] position open: Weekend Circulation Supervisor
pcox at cu-portland.edu
Thu Jan 28 10:39:01 PST 2016
Weekend Circulation Supervisor (Part-time)
Department: University Libraries (Portland, OR)
Application Closing Date: 02/25/16
Brief Position Summary:
Concordia University seeks to fill the position of Weekend Circulation Supervisor. This part-time position manages Friday evening through Sunday afternoon operations of the University Libraries' access services in support of the curricular and research needs of the faculty, staff, students and community. The Weekend Circulation Supervisor will support and direct all weekend employees while identifying and proactively provide solutions to current and impending barriers that impede departmental success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Recognize and perceive current and impending barriers and impediments to departmental
* success and proactively problem solve to mitigate or eliminate them
* Manage the library building as well as the Circulation Unit during the weekend hours
* Supervise student employees
Minimum requirements include but are not limited to the following:
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* One year's experience working in a library circulation department with experience with an integrated library system
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
* Strong personnel management skills and demonstrated supervisory experience
The salary range for this position is $16.50 - $18.50/hr. To review the complete job description, please select the link below.
Concordia University's team encompasses a great blend of professional passion within a Christian community while affecting the lives of student leaders who care about their neighbor and strive to make a difference in the world. As a growing university whose mission is to prepare leaders for the transformation of society, we strive to be a place of excellence while combining our love for learning and service to our community.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume and three references with the completed Employment Application found below. This position is open through February 25, 2016 or until filled.
Patrick J. Cox
Access Services Manager
Concordia University Library
t 503-493-6461 f 503-280-8697
2811 NE Holman St Portland, OR 97211
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or