[Libs-Or] Job Posting : Bilingual Outreach Program Assistant - Full Time - Beaverton City Library
vcampbell at beavertonoregon.gov
Thu Jun 30 12:46:26 PDT 2016
Our full time Bilingual Outreach Program Assistant position at Beaverton City Library, Main has been posted. Closing date: July 6.
We seek a candidate with the vision and skills to increase the library's impact on Beaverton's Spanish-speaking youth and families through community outreach. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, families, volunteers, and coworkers in English and Spanish. This position will primarily focus on outreach activities in the community and at schools. Additionally, the position will host a weekly Spanish storytime at the library and other select library events. This position includes evening and weekend hours.
* Coordinating outreach activities to local elementary schools and with community partners who focus on services to Spanish-speaking children
* Educating Spanish-speaking families in the community about library services
* Preparing presentations and leading program activities, like early literacy parent presentations and Ready Set Kindergarten in both English and Spanish
* Providing bilingual programs at the library for children and parents, including Spanish storytime
* Recommending outreach strategies and opportunities
* Providing quick and accurate answers to patron's reference, reader's advisory and other questions using appropriate reference techniques at the children's
and teen reference desks
See full job posting<http://apps.beavertonoregon.gov/jobs/openings.aspx> for more information.
Youth Services Manager
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th Street | Beaverton, OR 97005
p: 503.526.2599 | f: 503.469.9577| www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE
This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or