[Libs-Or] Question on import profile and NZ records

Susan OConnor herbages at sou.edu
Fri Mar 11 13:00:08 PST 2016

Hello,

I have a question about import profiles.  I download full paper and
electronic Marcive bibliographic records once a month. It is my
understanding that we are supposed to switch from “Overlay” to “Use NZ
Record” under match profile in our import profile settings. I Changed the
setting to “Use NZ Record” and experienced a lot of problems with my
downloads.  When I tried loading paper I got around eight Portland State
records with ORZA in the 049 Field. The records loaded automatically
without match handling.  As an experiment I decided to see if the same
thing would happen with the electronic Marcive load. For the electronic
load I had to do match handling on almost every record. Only 50 out of 400
records didn’t need match handling. In match handling there were two
matches for each record. One normal record with “MAIN” and another
institution's record. Is “Use NZ Record” what I want to be using for my
downloads? And is there a way to avoid getting records that belong to other
institutions when choosing "Use NZ record"? Using this method should I
expect to use match handling on most records?  It looks like a few
institutional records are showing up in the NZ. These records show tmp
numbers in the 035 and have 049's that belong to a different institution
here are two examples. These are two that downloaded without match handling.

#936205331

#936205755

Thanks,

Susie O’Connor