[Libs-Or] FW: Growing Up Wild in Yachats April 20th- FREE Workshop for preK-2nd grade educators

Markland, Mary J Mary.Markland at oregonstate.edu
Tue Mar 29 13:00:54 PDT 2016

Looking for an excuse to spend some time at the coast? The Oregon Coast STEM Hub is hosting a training geared towards preK-2nd grade on Exploring Wetlands: Mud, Bugs and Other Ughs! This full day early learner Project Learning Tree and Project WILD workshop will focus on the Pre-Kindergarten-2nd grade educator. Learn how to incorporate natural sciences and multi-sensory activities into your early learner curriculum and build a firm foundation for ongoing inquiry in science. We will focus on how to teach using multiple learning styles, enjoy classroom activities and field experiences alike.  Attached is a flier with more information, including how to register. The Oregon Coast STEM Hub is partnering with ONREP to host this FREE workshop so lunch and all materials are provided and funding for substitutes is available for those that need it.
Please contact Ruth McDonald ruth.mcdonald at lincoln.k12.or.us<mailto:ruth.mcdonald at lincoln.k12.or.us> with any questions.
Mary
Mary J. Markland
Oregon State University/Guin Library
Hatfield Marine Science Center
2030 SE Marine Science Drive
Newport, OR 97365
541-867-0108
mary.markland at oregonstate.edu<mailto:mary.markland at oregonstate.edu>
"Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one." - Neil Gaiman