[Libs-Or] Public Policy

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Wed Mar 30 08:20:52 PDT 2016

Kathy, based on advice we have had from our attorneys, it is indeed not
possible under Oregon law for libraries to ban the carrying of firearms on
library property.  The only way for this to change is if we change state
law.  And that is no easy lift.

This just a quick response.  I can get you more info when I have more time.

Cindy

*Cindy*

*Cindy Gibbon*
Access & Information Services Director