[Libs-Or] Financial Education Resources for Libraries

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Thu May 5 15:44:53 PDT 2016

If you have not had a chance to check out the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's Program for Libraries<http://www.consumerfinance.gov/library-resources/>, I highly recommend that you take a look at one of this short video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRxThKpzmqc&list=UUcxYfgjfspV1XQdVumVH5bg&index=5>. It provides a great overview of the financial education resources offered to libraries.

There is also a webinar on May 18 that provides an overview of the program:
"CFPB: Community Partnerships for Libraries<http://login.icohere.com/registration/register.cfm?reg=2707&evt=AT05182016CFPBCommunity&utm_source=newsletter_836&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=webinar-cfpb-community-partnerships-for-libraries&t=1462476930690>"
The CFPB is working to provide libraries with financial education resources, program ideas, marketing materials, training, and more. Librarians told us that partnerships help them expand their reach in the community and offer a wider variety of programs, including financial education programs.  During this webinar, the CFPB will highlight its Community Partnership Guidebook for Libraries and how libraries can build relationships to create financial education programs for their communities.

If you do nothing else, check out the free materials you can order for you library:
http://promotions.usa.gov/cfpblibraries.html

I've had the privilege of working on the advisory committee for this program, and I can attest to the fact that CFPB staff listen and work hard to provide resources library can use to promote financial education in local communities. Please take advantage of this valuable program and let me know if there are any other types of resources you would like to see added to the program.

--Arlene

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Support and Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301
503-378-5020
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us>
http://oregon.gov/osl/ld/
FOLLOW US: [facebookSmall.png] <https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>  [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>  [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>