[Libs-Or] Thank you for a wonderful OLA Conference!

OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Mon Apr 24 16:35:38 PDT 2017

Hello Oregon Library Community!

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for an amazing Oregon Library
Association annual conference! We had 635 registered attendees, which was
phenomenal. It was our first year with Saturday sessions; we had a fabulous
author event, a host of great programs, inspiring speakers, exhibits, and
posters.

Please join me in congratulating and thanking the conference committee who
put it all together: Michele Burke, Emily David, Julie Sowles, Suzanne
Sager, Esther Moberg, Torie Scott, Sonja Somerville, Janet Tapper, Kevin
Moore, Thea Hart, Teresa Lucas, Stephanie Thomas, Jenkins Lumpkin, Arlene
Weible, Emily Brock, Shirley Roberts, Lori Vik, Leah Griffith, Stephanie
Lind, and Jane Corry, along with all the volunteers who made the event
happen!

Most of all, I want to thank those of you who attended and presented at the
conference. These events are only worthwhile so long as we join together to
talk to each other, share our ideas and expertise.  I was so inspired by
the people I met, the projects I learned about, and the sessions I went to.
I came away reenergized and I hope you did too.

I write this with deep appreciation of our library community—thank you for
letting me be your OLA president this year. I intend to keep doing all that
I can to make our association work for you—continuing to further the goals
of our strategic plan, standing up for social justice in our libraries, and
helping our libraries do what they do best: serve our communities.

Conference materials are getting uploaded to NW Central
<http://b8f.645.myftpupload.com/>, so please check there to find slides,
handouts, or other info from the sessions. If you were a presenter and have
questions about that, please contact Emily David at: olaprograms at olaweb.org
.

Also, we have 2 lost and found items: a black jacket and a white water
bottle (photos attached below). Please email olaconference at olaweb.org to
claim them.

Please let us know what did/didn’t work for you at the conference by
filling out our conference evaluation form
<http://olaweb.org/ola-conf-evaluation-2017>. Your feedback is very
valuable. You can do that by following this link
<http://olaweb.org/ola-conf-evaluation-2017>. And feel free to contact me
personally if you have suggestions for me beyond the conference.

Did you have fun at this year’s conference and want to get involved for the
coming one? It's a great way to meet people, have fun at the conference and
support OLA! Please contact Emily David, next year’s conference chair, at
olaprograms at olaweb.org! We need your help!

Thank you again for a wonderful conference, and I hope to see you in Eugene
for next year’s conference: Many Points of Light: One Bright Future, April
18-21, 2018.

Thanks for listening!

Elsa Loftis

--
Elsa Loftis
OLA President 2016-17

Lost and found items:
[image: Inline image 4][image: Inline image 5][image: Inline image 6]

*I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.-Jorge Luis
Borges*