[Libs-Or] Fwd: [Progressivelibrariansguild] Registration now open for Identity, Agency, and Culture in Academic Libraries conference

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:38:43 PST 2017

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Galoozis via Progressivelibrariansguild <
progressivelibrariansguild at lists.sonic.net>
Date: Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Subject: [Progressivelibrariansguild] Registration now open for Identity,
Agency, and Culture in Academic Libraries conference
To: "progressivelibrariansguild at lists.sonic.net" <
progressivelibrariansguild at lists.sonic.net>

Registration has opened for the first ever Identity, Agency, and Culture in
Academic Libraries conference will be taking place May 22 and 23, 2017 in
Los Angeles, California at the University of Southern California.

This conference will extend ongoing conversations aimed at understanding
how issues of identity and agency contribute to access, inclusivity, and
diversity in academic libraries. In the current information and higher
education landscapes, we cannot succeed by only performing the roles and
responsibilities laid out in our job descriptions. This conference will
also raise awareness of, begin to reflect on, and in some cases
interrogate, how our roles and identities affect interactions with
stakeholders, as well as our perceptions of each other and of libraries and
librarians in society at large.

*Registration for IACAL is free. *To register, go to
http://iacal2016.wixsite.com/iacal2017/registration-1.

To learn more about the conference, including the list of accepted
sessions, go to: http://iacal2016.wixsite.com/iacal2017

Elizabeth Galoozis

Information Literacy and Educational Technology Librarian

University of Southern California Libraries

*Pronouns: she/her*

(213) 821-0097 <213-821-0097>

galoozis at usc.edu

VKC Library, B38b

3518 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0048

Research Guides <http://libguides.usc.edu/prf.php?account_id=4151>

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>