[Libs-Or] Job Announcement: Technical Services Librarian, Marylhurst University
nhoover at marylhurst.edu
Mon Feb 13 10:56:44 PST 2017
*Please excuse cross posting*
Technical Services Librarian
Marylhurst University, Shoen Library
Marylhurst University Shoen Library seeks applicants for the position of
Technical Services Librarian. This position will plan, coordinate and
maintain the online library catalog in a consortium environment; oversee
technical services functions including acquisitions, serials, cataloging,
digital repository, authority control and processing of library materials. The
ideal candidate will have a strong service orientation, technical skills
and be able to work independently within a small team environment.
1. Plan, develop, implement and maintain the online library catalog
including the management and oversight of electronic resources.
2. Oversee the cataloging of new material using OCLC. Perform original
cataloging and complex copy cataloging of new material in all formats.
Knowledge of authority control.
3. Catalog local digital materials and maintain digital repository ie.
4. Oversee periodicals and standing orders, maintain budget and
5. Manage the acquisition of all library material and maintain the
annual collection budget.
6. Supervise and train Technical Services staff.
7. Participate on the Library Collection Development team, research and
provide data to assist in collection decisions.
8. Provide backup to Reference and Access Services on occasion.
9. Serve on consortium committees in the Orbis Cascade Alliance and/or
Our beautiful campus is located 10 miles south of downtown Portland,
Oregon. For position details and information about applying, please click
here <https://marylhurst.applicantpool.com/jobs/130323.html>. To insure
full consideration, applications need to be received by March 5, 2017.
TF 800.634.9982 ext. 7036 F 503.636.1957
P.O. BOX 261
17600 PACIFIC HIGHWAY (Hwy. 43)
MARYLHURST, OR 97036-0261
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or