[Libs-Or] Free Webinar (Wed 2/8) - Basic Tech Management Skills for Library Staff (TechSoup)

Crystal Schimpf crystal at kixal.com
Tue Jan 10 15:22:31 PST 2017

Please join us for this free webinar on February. No prior I.T. expertise
required. This webinar may be of interest to solo librarians, small library
directors, library managers, and front-line staff.

*You Can Do I.T.! How to Empower Library Staff with Basic Tech Management
Skills*
Wednesday February 8, 2016, 11:00am-12:00pm PST
Registration link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/hzcu47bev4wz&eom

The library field relies heavily on technology, but few front-line staff
receive training in basic I.T. concepts that can build confidence when
managing public access computer and working with patrons. The Texas State
Library faced this challenge in more than 400 small public libraries in
rural areas. They responded with You Can Do I.T., a friendly, approachable
hardware, software, and networking skills training program.

Join us for this free webinar to learn how you can demystify technology to
empower others around you, no matter your technical ability or where you
work. We will share our approaches to I.T. training to engage different
learning styles, free and adaptable resources, and lessons learned from
hands-on experience in the field.

Guest Speakers:

   - Cindy Fisher, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
   - Henry Stokes, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
   - Carson Block, Carson Block Consulting

This webinar will be recorded and archived on the TechSoup for Libraries
website. Please register for this webinar to receive an email notification
when the archive is available. Email questions to
cschimpf at techsoupglobal.org

Register for this webinar here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/hzcu47bev4wz&eom

Crystal Schimpf
Webinar Producer