[Libs-Or] Percentage of Public Library Budget Devoted to Collection?

Tony tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 19:58:18 PST 2017

Hello Colleagues:

I thought this one would be easy to find, but I haven't had luck so far.

I am looking for data on what percentage of a public library budgets are devoted to collection development.  (Nationwide, Oregon, any group of some size will do.)

I am consulting with a library with an annual  budget of 2.4 million, with only $100,000 devoted to collections per year. This strikes me as very low, but I haven't come across a good source of nationwide data to support or disprove my gut reaction.

Anybody know of a source?  Or, please email me off-list with your public library collection budget as compared to the library budget as a whole.

Tony Greiner

tony_greiner at hotmail.com

Primo and Alma: Making WorldCat Local Look Good
**tony_greiner at hotmail.com**