[Libs-Or] Weeding Insights

Holly Campbell-Polivka Hollyc at tigard-or.gov
Sat Mar 11 11:31:32 PST 2017

Hi Eryn,

It sounds like you’ve gotten some good advice on weeding. Regarding your concern about your budget, you might also set up an Amazon wishlist with specific titles you would like to add. My kids’ school did that, and then just put out an email to the entire school to ask for help buying books for the library. As a parent (but also with my librarian love for books), I loved getting to go through the list and make some selections. There is a way you can set up a wishlist with the shipping address to the school and then anybody can just go in and buy them and they will be sent directly to the school.

Holly Polivka
Youth Services Librarian
Tigard Public Library